Ini adalah beberapa definisi dari microblog,
- Microblogging is a form of blogging. A microblog differs from a traditional blog in that its content is typically much smaller, in both actual size and aggregate file size. A microblog entry could consist of nothing but a short sentence fragment, or an image or embedded video.
- A blog on which one posts brief, frequent updates on one’s activities; To post on a microblog such as Twitter
- microblogger – A person who writes a microblog
- A blog that allows up to 140 character long posts. Twitter is the most popular and allows text messaging for blog postings via cell phone.
- microblogging – (define) The terminology and technology associated with online blogs just doesn’t seem to end. Hitting the big-time in 2008 is microblogging — the capability to update your blog with short text updates, using your PC or text messaging-enabled cell phone. …
- Microblogging is a form of multimedia blogging that allows users to send brief text updates or micromedia such as photos or audio clips and publish them, either to be viewed by anyone or by a restricted group which can be chosen by the user. …
- microblogging – When you post information to the web in small doses. Twitter is microblogging.